Wednesday 17 July 2013

salvation assurance


Is My Salvation Assured? "And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life." {1 John 5:11-13} Can I know for sure that I am a Christian? Can I know for sure that when I die I will go to heaven? God says, “Yes, you can know for sure.” Check out today’s passage. John says that the purpose of his first letter is for people to know that they have eternal life. No one has to live with uncertainty. No one has to hope that it all works out in the end. No one has to wait until the second after they die to discover their eternal destiny. Eternal life comes from God and that life is found in Jesus Christ. If you have trusted in Jesus Christ as the only way to have a relationship with God, you have eternal life. If you have not trusted in Jesus, you don’t have eternal life. Our eternal assurance is not based on what we have done but on who we know. The question is: Do you know Jesus? Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for providing the way to God by your death on the cross. Help us to always be thankful for this great gift of grace. Thank you for assurance. In your name we pray. Amen. God Bless!

No comments: